How to Value of Your Personal Injury Claim
One common question that personal injury claimants often ask their San Fernando Valley personal injury attorney involves the valuation of their claim. This is not an easy question to answer because it is difficult to value a case until you have realized all damages and have completed your medical treatments.
Factors To Consider In Determining the Value of a Case
Although it may be difficult to definitely value a personal injury claim until treatment has been completed or is nearly done, there are certain factors that may provide clues to your San Fernando Valley personal injury lawyer as to how much your case is worth. Some of these factors include:
– How much medical bills you have incurred or are expected to incur for the treatment of your injuries. The bills should comprise of the costs incurred from diagnostic tests, treatments, physical therapy and chiropractic care, hospitalization, medication, and any other relevant treatment.
– Your loss of wages and any potential future earning capacity.
– The direct and indirect impact of the injuries you suffered on your personal and social life, such as your ability to engage in sports, any limitations you may have in performing household chores, or the ability to enjoy your life as you did prior to the accident.
– The permanency of your injuries, including permanent disfigurements, and scars. Your San Fernando Valley personal injury attorney may refer you to specialists to realize the extent of your scarring.
– Loss of consortium, loss of marital relations, and loss of companionship.
– Whether you had to be hospitalized for your injuries.
– The effect of your injuries on other members of your immediate family.
– The extent of evidence that is available to build a strong case.
– Your prior medical history.
– Whether you were injured in previous accidents, the extent of your injuries, and the date of loss.
For more information about the value of your case, you should contact an experienced San Fernando Valley personal injury lawyer. With the right lawyer by your side, you can be confident that you will receive the full extent of the compensation that you deserve.
To schedule a complimentary consultation with San Fernando Valley personal injury Ghazal Amy Vahdat, please call the Law Offices of Vahdat & Associate at 818-745-2974 or call us toll free at 1-800-BUT-4-LAW.